Students in the Classes of 2015 and beyond are required to complete an average of 10 hours of Community Service a year, for each of their four years of high school, for a total of 40 hours.
What counts as community service?
The following illustrate examples of community service which meet this requirement:
1. Volunteer work for a service organization (Rotary, Kiwanis, Soroptimists, etc.)
2. Volunteer work for a non-profit organization such as the Fallbrook Food Bank, Angel Society, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc.
3. Volunteer work for churches
4. Volunteer work as a leader in a youth group
5. Volunteer in a student-club-organized community service activity
The following illustrate examples of community service which do not meet this requirement:
1. Paid work
2. Volunteer work for family/relatives
3. Attending church, Bible study, youth group meetings, etc.
All community service must be pre-approved by the principal/designee in order to fulfill this graduation requirement.
Where can I do community service?
There are many places in Fallbrook where you can complete your community service, including but NOT limited to the following:
Angel Society, Fallbrook Animal Sanctuary, Ivy High School Garden, Kiwanis, Rotary, Fallbrook Trails Council, Live Oak Park, etc.
Is there a form for completing community service?
Yes, use the Community Service form here.